Despite living in the South-East of France, I'm not as near to Provence's vines as you might think. The vineyards nearest to me are in Nice's Bellet AOP, as well as across the Var in St Jeannet.
I've been working here since 1986, when rustic reds were the principal export - a far cry from today's rosés!
I'm currently writing an article on 2020's rosés for Decanter, as well as tasting over 200 wines for the Provence entry of my annual Rosé Report.
Appellations in Provence
- Coteaux Varois en Provence AOP
- Coteaux d'Aix-en-Provence
- Var IGP
- Côtes de Provence
- Sainte-Victoire (Côtes de Provence AOP)
- Fréjus (Côtes de Provence AOP)
- La Londe (Côtes de Provence AOP)
- Coteaux du Verdon (Var IGP)
- Bellet AOP
- Bouches du Rhône IGP
- Pierrefeu (Côtes de Provence AOP)
- Les Baux-De-Provence
- Notre-Dame des Anges (Côtes de Provence AOP)
- Alpes-Maritimes IGP
- Maures IGP
- Argens (Var IGP)
- Palette AOP
- Vin de France (Provence)
- Mont Caume
- Alpes de Haute Provence